Theta Brain State
Scientists have discovered that certain brainwave frequencies (especially the Alpha & Theta) may:
• Relieve stress and promote a lasting and substantial reduction in people prone to anxiety issues.
• Facilitate a deep physical relaxation and mental clarity.
• Increase verbal ability and also the performance IQ, verbal.
• Better synchronize the two hemispheres of the brain.
• Recall mental images live and spontaneous imaginative and creative thinking.
• Reduce pain, promote euphoria and stimulate the release of endorphins.
It is a very powerful state of mind which can be compared to a kind of trance or very deep relaxation. People meditate, in order to achieve this state, in order to have access to calmness.
Our brain simultaneously changes within all the different frequencies.
Theta is the state in which we find ourselves when we learn and we process information. The brain waves are slowed down at a frequency of 4-7 cycles per second.
Theta brain waves can be considered the subconscious; they govern the part of our mind that lies between the conscious and the unconscious and retain memories and feelings. Also direct your beliefs and your behaviour.
Theta waves are always creative, characterized by feelings of inspiration and very spiritual.
It is believed that this mental state allows you to act below the level of the conscious mind.